Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For all you environmentally conscious scavengers out there...


When I sent the announcement out about the new blog, my friend Crystal e-mailed me asking if I'd heard of a site called Freecycle! Also, Clear Your Space just asked me about it as well. Now, here's an organization that's been around for a little while, but hasn't gotten quite as much attention as it deserves. Freecycle is a site where people give things away, instead of throwing them away! I encourage you to check it out no matter where you are because it looks like folks have set up little communities in tons of different places around the world! Who knows what treasures await you! Who knows, you could get some real cool furniture, or vintage type stuff. You know what they say, one man's trash, is another man's treasure! I really like the way they describe themselves:
It is a place to give or receive what you have and don't need or what you need and don't have -- a free cycle of giving which keeps stuff out of landfills...
Nicely put. Check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a TRUE scavenger!! Freecycle was MADE for me:) I got free candles yesterday and gave away a chunky (ugly) mikasa crystal bowl this morning!! LOVE freecycle! Thanks abella!!

jeni fujita said...

I owe you a lot for introducing me to freecycle.org dude. I'm doing the lemonade cleanse right now and I just got a HUGE bag of free organic lemons from this lady's backyard yesterday!! I check into your blog every day. I'm looking forward to more cool tips and info from the famous abellalife

A Bella Life said...

Jeni, I am SO glad you are loving it! I saw your post about the lemonade cleanse! I'm going to look into it for sure!