Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back from a break

It has been a while since I've posted something on "A Bella Life" but I'm back! I've been dabbling in a few different hobbies over the last few months, so I think that I am going to start blogging about these hobbies as well as my ongoing obsession with all things design.

Anyway, for a quick Sunday morning post I thought I'd share some recent pictures. Here's a winter collage...



I've been cooking a lot lately, and here is one of my favorite recipes that I made last weekend. I got it from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. They were SO yummy, and pretty easy and fast to make. I hope you try making them :)


Everyday Food's Salmon Burgers with Yogurt Dill Sauce

1 pound skinless salmon fillet, finely diced
1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 large egg, beaten
3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Romaine lettuce

To finely dice the salmon without crushing it, start by thinly slicing the fillet with a sharp knife. Cut the slices into lengthwise into strips, then crosswise.

Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from the heat. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, horseradish, lemon zest and juice, egg, scallion, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix gently with a fork.

Using your hands, form the salmon into four patties. Broil on a rimmed baking sheet until browned on top and opaque throughout 6 to 7 minutes.

While burgers broil, combine yogurt and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve burgers on buns with yogurt-dill sauce and lettuce.

No comments: