Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home Office/Creative Room

I would love to dedicate a space in the apartment to all things creative. Even if its just a small corner of a room, or a space on one wall in the 'office' or living room, I think it will help to stay motivated and inspired to create. I decided to do a post about this because so many of my friends (you guys and gals) have creative hobbies and I think that if you don't already have a space like this (or a studio of some sort) that you might enjoy the thought of setting one up.

Anyway the first thing I needed was some inspiration, so I went to Flickr and did a search for some photos.

image via bitsandbobbins on Flickr

image by you can count on me on Flickr

image by Indeed on Flickr

I found SO many pictures that I wanted to post, but alas... I've selected just a few for your viewing pleasure. But now you know it's there, and you too can be addicted!

The next thing I did was look at a couple of my favorite stores online, like Ikea, Cb2, Chiasso, and West Elm. Even though most of this stuff (minus Ikea and Cb2) are out of my price range, they still have really great images and interesting arrangement ideas.

Of course, I couldn't leave out Polyvore. I imagine this space to have all my creative stuff, but also be a place I could paint, sit and knit, blog, and hang out with my kitties. I put together some furniture that I like, a few of my hobby 'tools' along with some posters, etc. Maybe when my room is done I can post pictures of it and we can see how close I got to this little collage, haha!



No comments: