Thursday, May 15, 2008

Iron Man's House

I. Love. Iron Man. Specifically, I love Iron Man's house.

As soon as I got home from the movie, I started looking for those coffee tables in Tony Starks' living room. Of course I couldn't find them (not that I could afford it anyway) but I am curious as to where all this stuff comes from you know.

Here are some screen shots from the set tour they did with Jon Favreau. In two of the pictures I 'highlighted' something lovely! I wish the pictures were more clear but they are just screen shots from the Yahoo set tour they did, you can see it here. It's pretty cool actually.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.
I wish the above picture was more clear, if you've seen the movie then you've seen that amazing tree trunk looking coffee table. I went searching for something similar.
I found 2 coffee tables that looked similar, both pretty expensive. Also I'm pretty sure the lamp in the above shot is the 'Arco Floor Lamp' from Design Within Reach.

1. Freeform Table ($$$$$$)- Clipper Trading Company
2. Starfish Coffee Tables ($$$$) - From the Source
3. Arco Floor Lamp ($$$$$$) - DWR

I'm going to try and put together a more affordable room, similar to the one in the movie! Not necessarily in real life, but for the blog you know? What do you think?

And.... wasn't the movie the best ever? I really enjoyed it! If you haven't seen it, you might want to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi.

The coffe table is basically just part of a large (and I guess old since it has a hole in it) tree trunk. You could make it yourself if you have the right contacts and get hold of a trunk at that size. And the lamp, you get similar looking lamps from IKEA.

Kathrin